You’ve heard of the 80/20 rule – the idea that only 20% of what you do will be responsible for 80% of your profit.
In real estate, that means that you can increase your profits by automating the tasks that take time away from the things that really help you to grow your investments.
We’ve put together a list of free online resources for commercial property investors. You can use them to automate the tasks that are time-consuming, so you can focus on reaching your investment goals much faster.
Online Calculators For Commercial Property Investors
- CAP rate calculator: https://www.buyermax.com/cap-rate-calculator
- Online loan payment calculator: https://www.commercialfundingnetwork.com/commercial-real-estate-mortgage/mortgage%20calculator.htm
- Commercial Property Depreciation Calculator: https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/financial/depreciation-property-realestate.php
- Debt Service Ratio Calculator: https://easycalculation.com/finance/debt-service-coverage-ratio.php
- 1031 Exchange Calculator: https://www.webwinder.com/calculators/1031_exchange_calc.html
- Commercial Property Inspection: Reference Guide for Commercial and Multifamily Property Inspection Reports (https://www.mortgagebankers.org/files/CREF/WhitePapers/PropertyInspectionReferenceGuide.pdf
Economic and Demographic Analysis For Commercial Property Investors
- https://stdbinc.com– Provides demographic, geographic, analytical, and economic tools for analyzing a commercial income property.
https://www.crimereports.com – Provides information on crimes in a city of your choice. Also allows you to select which type of crime you’d like to see, as well as search according to a date range.
- https://www.city-data.com/ – Create detailed, informative profiles of all cities in the United States. Check cities, schools, neighborhoods, median household income, and more.
- https://www.retirementliving.com/taxes-by-state Provides information on state income taxes, sales and fuel taxes, taxes on retirement income, property taxes, and inheritance and estate taxes, as well as sales and fuel taxes.
- Assess city or neighborhood trends: type the name of the city in a search engine, add a plus sign, and click enter.
- https://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/nav/jsf/pages/index.xhtml – American FactFinder is the U.S. Census Bureau’s portal for community-specific information. You can search by ZIP code, city, county, and/or state to find a specific area’s income levels, ethnicities, ages, and other social characteristics.
- National Association of Counties Data and demographics
- Melissa Data– Find demographic data related to a place, city, county, or MSA. Get data on sex, age, race, household relationship, household type, group quarters, and housing occupancy.
Paid Tools For Commercial Property Investors
- https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ – Allows you to search any address in any city in the U.S., and access more than 300 statistics about the area, such as school quality, real estate trends, crime, neighborhood demographics, and more. A subscription costs between $49.95 (monthly) and $29.95 (per month, paid yearly).